Compliments on your LASIK Surgery for a speckle clearer vision. As your LASIK Surgeon, I want to make sure you have a quick and easy recovery. My patient relationship team has enlisted post-LASIK care guidelines to facilitate your seamless post-LASIK recovery and optimize the advantages of your LASIK eye surgery. Please make sure that you also read our Lasik Guidance blogs on Pre-Lasik Guidelines and LASIK Surgery Guidelines prepared with expert inputs of the best Lasik Surgeon of Punjab, Dr. Kashish Gupta – Head department of Ophthalmology Max Hospital Bathinda.
Precautions & Care Advice for the Day of LASIK Surgery
- Give adequate Rest to your eyes. Immediately after LASIK, it’s crucial to rest your eyes. Avoid any strenuous activities, such as reading, watching TV, or using electronic devices. Let your eyes heal and relax.
- Use Protective Eyewear after LASIK. Wear the safety glasses, especially in the first few hours after surgery. This keeps your eyes from getting irritated or rubbing together by mistake.
- Use of Prescribed Medications: Strictly Follow the directions for taking your medicine, such as using antibiotics and pain-relieving eye drops as directed by your Lasik Surgeon. These medicines are essential for keeping you from getting infections and reducing swelling.
- Avoid Rubbing Your Eyes: Please don’t rub or touch your eyes because it can slow down the healing process. Use fake tears as your doctor tells you to should you feel any pain.
First Week Post-Operative Care Advisory for LASIK Surgery Patients
Follow-up Appointments during the First week. Attend all scheduled follow-up appointments. These visits are necessary for tracking your Vision development and addressing any concerns you may develop during the first week of LASIK.
Use of Protective Eyeglasses: Continue to wear protective eyewear, especially when sleeping, to prevent accidentally rubbing your eyes during the night.
- Limit your Screen exposure. Minimize digital screen time, including computers, smartphones, and TVs, to reduce eye strain. If unavoidable, take regular breaks and use artificial tears to keep your eyes lubricated.
- Avoid Strenuous Activities during the First Week: Do not engage in intense physical activities, like heavy lifting or extreme exercise, for the first week to keep your eyes from getting hurt.
First Month of Post-Operative Care Advisory for LASIK Surgery Patients
- Gradual Return to Normal Activities: Start to resume normal activities gradually, but continue to avoid life activities that may expose your eyes to dust, dirt, or potential injury. Avoid highly intense activities like jumping or activities such as swimming during the first month.
- Goggles for Sun Protection: When you’re outside, use sunglasses supported with a UV protection layer to protect your eyes from damaging UV radiation. This helps to lessen discomfort and the risk of problems.
- Instilling Eye Drops: Faithfully follow the prescribed schedule for instilling Lubricants or artificial tears beside any other eye drops. This helps maintain proper eyecare and accelerates long-term vision recovery.
Long-term Care Advisory for LASIK Surgery Patients
- Routine Eye Exams: Prescribed Consultation visits as scheduled by your eye surgeon are advised to monitor your post-operative recovery. These regular eye exams monitor any changes in your vision right away.
- Eye Protection during Sports: While participating in sports or activities with a risk of eye injury, wear protective eyewear to safeguard your eyes, especially since you have undergone a Lasik procedure.
- Keep your body hydrated: Take plenty of safe potable water to help maintain overall health. Our eyes require adequate hydration support for healthy vision.
Your LASIK adventure does not end there; adequate post-operative care is critical to achieving and maintaining optimal results. Following these suggestions can help you recover more quickly and enjoy the benefits of enhanced eyesight for many years to come. The majority of LASIK patients get 20/20 vision or better after the procedure, which is intended to decrease the need for spectacles. As with any medical procedure, it is vital to follow the Post LASIK operation instructions properly. Understanding the procedure and being disciplined in adhering to your eye surgeon’s instructions for the best Lasik results holds the key. To ensure that you benefit from our blogs and content, we consulted renowned Lasik Surgeon Dr. Kashish Gupta, the top eye surgeon at Max Healthcare Bathinda in Punjab, to assist you in making the most of your Lasik Surgery.